Dear Sir / Madam,
1. Rayamars Consultant & Services is organizing the 3rd Asia Professional Rescuer Competition (APRC) at Rayamars Training Center, on the December 14th till 16th, 2012 (Friday, Saturday & Sunday). The competing teams from Singapore, Australia, Malaysia, Thailand, Korea, Japan, Myanmar, Vietnam and the UK. They will be competing in various skill stations on First Aid, Pre-Hospital Scenarios, Mass Casualties and Fire Rescue Disasters.
2. There will also be a conduct of Mass Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course for everyone during the event. This is in-line with the government’s intent to have at least one person in each household trained in CPR. The guest of honor for this event is Dr.Mahathir bin Mohamaed Ex. Prime minister or Representative.
3. We would like to invite your kind organization to be part of this mega event by forming a team to represent in Malaysia. This would be a great opportunity to network, learn and share the skills and knowledge from the various regional teams, as well as allowing your members the experience and exposure in this event.
4. We look forward to hearing from you and hope that you will be able to participate.
The closing date for submission will be on October 10st , 2012.
Thank you and best regards.
M.S. MANIAM. AMR,PJK,PPA. TOM KANATHAT CHANTRSIRI
President APFA, Malaysia. President APFA, Thailand.
Chairman Exco APRC 2012. Advisor 3APRC 2012
If you are interested to take part in the abovementioned competition, just form a team of 5 members. Participants can be Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics, Emergency Response Team (ERT), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), First Aider or others.
3rd Asia Professional Rescuer Competition 2012
Please find attached the administrative details pertaining to the Competition Finals this coming December.
A) First Aid Competition Finals.
( 5 Persons)
This announcement of the 3rd Asia Professional Rescuer Competition intends to allow participants to get together for an exchange of knowledge and skills in pre-hospital care. Taking this opportunity, we will also like to update and ensure disaster preparedness in all participating countries.
All participants will be let known on the important of Emergency Response Team (ERT). This competition will be modelled so that Emergencies Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics, ERTs, First Aiders would think and act along similar lines.
The practical scenarios geared towards the real environment of the Pre-Hospital situation.
The emphasis should be the initial assessment and the first two circles in the Chain of Survival.
C) Competition Format.
1) A participating team shall consist of 5 members .
2) Participants can be Doctor, Nurse, Paramedic, EMT, ERT, First Aider or others.
3) Participants will be competing in Pre-Hospital Care.
4) Teams will be placed in a Mass Casualties situation when they will asked to stabilize ONE casualty for their competition. Team may render first aider to other casualties to show their competence.
5) Teams responsibilities includes Scene survey, Identify team to casualty, Primary Survey include PAM (injuries will be based on signs and symptoms on the casualties), Stabilize casualty and evacuate casualty to First Aid Post (FAP), Load casualty into Ambulance and continue treatment (No drugs should be issued), send casualty to A & E Dept and hand over your case to A & E Doctors.
6) All materials will be provided. Remember that their maybe only one set of items available at the First Aid Post (FAP), teams are to make use of items or equipment availabilities and not to gather all items or equipment for own used.
7) Judging criteria: Please refer to Annex 1
D) Scenario Format.
a) Competition Date : December 15th ,2012.
b) Time : 09:00hrs to 18:00 hrs.
c) Venue : Fire And Rescue Department of Malaysia. FT, Jalan Hang Tuah, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
d) Mass Casualties incident e.g.
Building on Fire, Road Traffic Accident & Disaster can be any mode.
8) Maximum of 30 minutes to complete their case, the short team takes to send casualty to hospital the more marks they will get therefore, the longer team stayed at scene the lower the marks will be awarded. PLEASE remember minimum stabilization are required. Your Pre-Hospital Care should be performed too, not just Scoop and Run but Stay and Play.
9) Teams will be activated through SMS to the team leader and they have to arrived at the incidents site within 5 minutes.
E) Rules and Regulation.
a) There must be a minimum of participation of 5 members in a team.
b) The judges decision is final.
c) The Organizing Committee reserves the right to amend, vary or formulate the terms and conditions as and when it deems necessary, without prior notice and at its sole discretion.
d) The organizing committee shall be the sole authority for the interpretation of these Rules and Regulations and the decision of the Organizing Committee shall be final and binding on all participants. No correspondence will be entertained.
e) The team in-charge shall be responsible for the conduct of his/her team. The Organizing Committee reserves the right to disqualify any team that fails to follow any instructions during the competition.
F) Valuable Belongings.
Participants are advised not to bring any valuable belongings to the competition. The Organizer does not bear any responsibility for any lost items.
G) Emergency Cases.
a) All cases of illness, accidents or extra-ordinary happenings must be reported to the Competition Reporting Booth / Officials. There will be Doctors and Ambulance on standby.
b) The Organizing Committee or any officials or Emergencies First Aid & Rescue shall not be liable for any illness or injury or damage or loss to property that the participants or family may suffer as a result of participating the 3rd APFA Pre-Hospital Care Competition 2012 or in relationship to travelling to and from in connection with the said Competition.
Participants are requested to observe the instructions and rules of the programme. They should honour their responsibility to participate and co-operate as much as possible in all the activities. They should always be punctual and well-prepared.
3rd Asia Professional Rescuer Competition 2012 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
December 14th – 16th, 2012
Fire And Rescue Department of Malaysia. FT, Jalan Hang Tuah, Kuala Lumpur.
s Chairman of the 3rd Asia Professional Rescuer Competition 2012 will be :
Mr. M.S. Maniam. AMR,PJK,PPA. (President APFA Malaysia).
s Advisor will be:
Mr. James Teo (EFAR Singapore).
s Advisor will be:
Mr. Tom Kanathat Chantrsiri (President APFA Thailand & FARA).
s Chief Judge will be:
Dr. Atchariya Pangma (Advisor APFA Thailand)
s Advisor will be:
Mr. Ronny Than Lwin (President APFA Myanmar & FARA Myanmar)
s Advisor will be:
Mr. Tan Seang Teak.( Advisor APFA Vietnam)
s Participants will be provided on the following:
c) Island Ferry
2. Competition Format
There will 3 scenarios and 2 skills station involved and they are:
Ø Road Traffic Accident
Ø Disaster (Example) Earthquake
b) Skills station
Ø CPR + AED
Ø Spinal Management
· Each scenario will involve 05 - 10 casualties and 2 critically injured.
· Each team will comprises of 5 first aiders, they will have to register before
October, 31st , 2012, and pay a total sum of RM 350.00 to APFA Malaysia
Mode of Payment : By Cheque Only. By October 10st 2012
Payment made to : (RAYAMARS CONSULTANT & SERVICES) MAYBANK A/C NO: 5142 8081 4932.
· Competitors will be provided with simulation equipment during the event, therefore, no team
are allow to bring in additional items to support them in the competition.
· All Judges decisions will be final and only Chief Judge is allow to over-rule their
decision, no other personnel should be involved in the decision making of the Final
Results and there will be no appeal process entertained.
· Every teams must have a leader to liaise with the committee of 3rd Asia Professional
Rescuer Competition 2012.
· Strictly no alcohol and gambling are allow within the premises.
· If stealing is caught by anyone, the subject will be hand over to the local police. No appeal
process will be entertained.
· During the stay, no one is to discuss on the following:
DECLARATION / CONSENT FORM
I , ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I/C No. / Passport No : ______________________________________________________________________________________
Name of the Organization/Country _______________________________________________________________________
hereby declare that neither nor I will not hold RAYAMARS CONSULTANT & SERVICESliable in any manner
what so ever for anypersonal injuries or death to the participants or follows and care taker aswell as loss or
damage of property belonging to the same occurring before,during and or after end of the competition.
Our APFA Team in Malaysia
The APC Committee : From left >Mr. MS Maniam, President of APFA Malaysia, >Mr.Tom Kanathat Chantrsiri President of APFA Thailand, Chairman of APC, >Mr.James Teo, President of Singapore, >Mr.Gawin ACAP Australia,>Dr.Atchariya Pangma Director of NIEMS Thailand
APFA Visit RAYAMARS MALAYSIA
30 December 2005